How old are we all?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How old are we all

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
save$ said:
Hum, all this age stuff. Don't know what that really relates to except to expect some rationing in your health care options. So, now that I am "mostly" retired, I have invested in myself. Lost 70 pounds and now go the gym for an hour work out 4 times a week. I feel better than I did 15 years ago. I enjoy the pellet stove. I don't get the heat I did when I burned wood, but for the most part, that is OK. I wasn't able to have the wood stove in the living area like I do with the pellet stove. That stove gives us so much pleasure. We get the stove going, and have wide screen TV next to it. Only now, instead of TV shows we have the new Wii Fit. Lots of activity there. So being 60++ is really not so relevant. How old you think and behave are better indicators of age.

Heh,heh,heh. Yeah you can lose weight up the yahoo and go to the gym and work out for hours but the fact is that you are still 60++ and nothing is going to change that.
You can think young and behave like a teenager but you aint gonna turn back the clock . Ya just live with it , hope you stay healthy , and make the best of whatever is left.

Just turned 38 (Hint: Teddy1971).

Well I'll share a little personal info here and I bet I won't be alone. I got caught up in this grown children come back home thing. According to the National News, its the latest thing. My youngest ,recently divored, daughter, now 35 came back home with the two grandkids 'bout 4 yrs ago . I only had a single wide mobil home w/2 bedrooms (everything paid off), but, I had a extra lot I could build on. Well fast forward 4 yrs and she's now living upstairs and I'm living in the basement of a new doube wide manufactured home (trailerhouse) W/30yr mortgage. According to the bank I gotta live tilll I'm 85 now. We'll see how that goes. I guess I live by default, I go by "what happens next". Now, we're countin' every nickel and trying to keep the electric bill down, hence the used pellet stove. I suppose Too Much Information, here. bjr23

bjr23 said:
Well I'll share a little personal info here and I bet I won't be alone. I got caught up in this grown children come back home thing. According to the National News, its the latest thing. My youngest ,recently divored, daughter, now 35 came back home with the two grandkids 'bout 4 yrs ago . I only had a single wide mobil home w/2 bedrooms (everything paid off), but, I had a extra lot I could build on. Well fast forward 4 yrs and she's now living upstairs and I'm living in the basement of a new doube wide manufactured home (trailerhouse) W/30yr mortgage. According to the bank I gotta live tilll I'm 85 now. We'll see how that goes. I guess I live by default, I go by "what happens next". Now, we're countin' every nickel and trying to keep the electric bill down, hence the used pellet stove. I suppose Too Much Information, here. bjr23

Your a good man to do that . I hope someday they will apreciate that you were there for them.

Here`s something I just received today and kinda relevent to our thread with regards to us old folks.

As I've aged, I've become kinder to
myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't
chide myself for eating that extra cookie, I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they
understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM
and sleep until noon?

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again,
some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the
important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break
when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's
beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength
and understanding and compassion.
So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could
turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what
other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the
right to be wrong.

I like being old. It has set me free. I like
the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am
still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or
worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I
feel like it).

Teddy1971 said:

38????? Heck, my underwear is that old!!!!! (they have more stripes than a staff sergeant.)

Come on all you over 50 people we are getting out voted .

Excell said:
Come on all you over 50 people we are getting out voted .

Maybe the younger guys/gals belong to ACORN and think they can vote 6 times.........

The older folks will likely continue to be in the minority, and I s'pose it's anyone's guess as to why...don't have computers, don't spend their time on the Internet, don't give a crap, whatever. Here's a thread from some time ago when I asked the same question in the Hearth Room. If anyone wants me to re-open the thing so that they can respond and see the poll results, I can do that. Rick

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/35889/

tjnamtiw said:
Teddy1971 said:

38????? Heck, my underwear is that old!!!!! (they have more stripes than a staff sergeant.)

This is not the type of thing people usually proclaim, but kudos to you man for making your undies last!

BTW, just turned 34 on Friday. Scorpios are statistically in the highest percentage of people who are murdered so I have some excitement to look forward to.

My Dad is a Ret. SGM, I'll ask him how many stripes his shorts have. I'll get back to you.

Delta-T said:
My Dad is a Ret. SGM, I'll ask him how many stripes his shorts have. I'll get back to you.

Tell your Dad 'Thanks!'. I was a submariner during Vietnam in the Pacific roaming around that area. I got a few extra stripes a few times on those patrols too.

I'm female, so I refuse to answer this... Suffice to say I hit 40 a few years ago and since then stopped aging.

Aah! Yur all a bunch of whipper snapper kids. The youngest son of one of my friends calls me a cantankerous and cranky old goat. Actually, I am older than God's goat. However, most gorgeous young women call me gorgeous, loveable, handsome, huggable, adorable, charming, a hunk and cute. They also say I have great hair, the best teeth, and dress impeccably. I will not confirm or deny any of these charges. I have just repeated what I hear THEM say.

At age 71 I enjoy being a little silly. Hell, I even enjoy being a lot silly!

John_M

43 here , but with a lot of miles on the odometer, i think of it daily (as in tomorrow i'll be but 1 day older than i am today) so when i turn 44 on my birthday i'll only be one day older than i was at 43 not a year older

I prefer to be 20 with nearly 27 years experience :)

I am in the 40-50 but not for long. :)

Oh and no pellets here yet, wood burner.

With the large numbers of members in the two higher age groups, perhaps pellet producers should start making long range plans for packaging in 20 or 25 pound bags.

Ranger

the old ranger said:
With the large numbers of members in the two higher age groups, perhaps pellet producers should start making long range plans for packaging in 20 or 25 pound bags.

Ranger

I have no issues with the 40 lbs. bags. They lay nicely acrossed my walker. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.