How to lower the level of heat output?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

garth_2022

Apr 6, 2022
new york
I have the Hi500/CI2700. I load up every 8 hours in my 1600 square foot ranch (minus the garage space). I close the bypass and draft control 100% when I go over 500 degrees and engage the fan.
My living rooms oftentimes is 78 degrees, sometimes more. I have a ceiling fan in the dining room that moves the air to the back rooms, down a hallway, getting them to 68-72.
Is there a way I can get lower heat output so that the living room is in the 72-74 range? Sure, turning off the stove fan would most likely do that, but I think then the heat wont get to the rest of the house.

Feed less wood and live with shorter burn times.

What you need to do instead of lowering the heat output, you need to increase the circulation of the heat to the cooler rooms.

Hi, It's been a couple months since you posted about your heat circulation issues. Did you resolve anything so far?

Hi, It's been a couple months since you posted about your heat circulation issues. Did you resolve anything so far?
I think it was more of a not so cold early season. The temps were in the upper 30's to low 40's and this beast puts out a lot of heat. Once we had a few nights in the teens and daytime highs only in the 20's, it was more reasonable of 74 or so in the living room. Touch time getting the back rooms up to a higher than 66, but the supplemental baseboard heating kicks in for a very short time to do that.
The 16" high mounted fan on low to push from living room towards back of house definitely gets some heat moving back there.

Reactions: Bobbob
I think it was more of a not so cold early season. The temps were in the upper 30's to low 40's and this beast puts out a lot of heat. Once we had a few nights in the teens and daytime highs only in the 20's, it was more reasonable of 74 or so in the living room. Touch time getting the back rooms up to a higher than 66, but the supplemental baseboard heating kicks in for a very short time to do that.
The 16" high mounted fan on low to push from living room towards back of house definitely gets some heat moving back there.
OK; good. I've had a pretty steep learning curve with getting my house comfortable as well. Take care. J