How to on vintage stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JRGomez

Jan 2, 2018
Southwest Missouri
4c6c190f31f33564d09df3622e68a18d.jpg c3e6c8971902fd6c1425fd7ae62e9bca.jpg b8f79a998c9c24c6de095cbdb24c80a9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I’m not sure where all of my text went so here goes again...

Does anyone know where to get an oval to round adapter for this type of stove? My local fireplace shop said that the outlet is an odd size due to the stove being vintage... they also said that I may have to find someone to make an adapter for me.
Also can someone tell me if the adapter would mount to the inside or the outside of the outlet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I’m not sure where all of my text went so here goes again...

Does anyone know where to get an oval to round adapter for this type of stove? My local fireplace shop said that the outlet is an odd size due to the stove being vintage... they also said that I may have to find someone to make an adapter for me.
Also can someone tell me if the adapter would mount to the inside or the outside of the outlet?

It should go inside i would try a peice of 5" pipe. Also you do know that is a coal stove right?

It should go inside i would try a peice of 5" pipe. Also you do know that is a coal stove right?

Thank you... and yes it was made between 1925 and 1935 by a company called Navicola Castings Inc. They made this model and a larger Parlor model for Montgomery Ward during the decade I mentioned.
The person who restored the unit has done a few things (restricted some of the venting, used thicker metal in the belly) to make it more wood friendly, and has advised me on how to set up the firebox for burning wood.

I am fully aware that it will never be even close to the efficient wood burners of today, but for $300 it will make a great secondary heat source, and an awesome conversation piece.

I live near an Amish stainless shop , they make all sizes of pipe , adapters mcaps etc. They made me an odd sized adapter for $15 out of stainless

Reactions: JRGomez