How to remove auger on Accentra FS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
My post earlier this morning detailed that my auger was turning but no pellets were being delivered to the burn pot. Well . . . it is not turning any more and further investigation revealed some brown paper jammed in the bottom of the hopper.

I know the source....yesterday we moved a pallet of pellets from outside storage under a tarp into the shed. My son and I discovered that somehow a forklift somewhere in the distribution/delivery chain had punctured up into a couple of bags on the bottom layer of the pallet. We flipped them and taped them and of course these were the first bags into the hopper.

I was not smart enough to think that the brown paper liner just beneath the first course of pellets might have torn and a piece had been pushed into the bag. For that matter it could be splintered wood from the pallet as well.

In any event, the auger obviously has to be pulled. I am reasonably handy but not a mechanic by any means. Moreover, I am a pretty big guy and the stove is maybe 14 inches from the wall.

I would welcome opinions as to whether this is a realistic DIY project or should I bite the bullet and call the dealer?

As always, many thanks for the great advice I am sure will be forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.