how to use huntsman 241

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jn14

Nov 22, 2014
North Carolina
We've had this wood stove for a couple of years. I like it very much, but at night, can't seem to get it to burn long and slow. Every 30-45 minutes, someone has to get up and put a log on the fire which doesn't seem right to me. The fire is burning low and easy -- nothing big going in the firebox. We don't have a manual and I think we're doing something wrong. Fire brick is fine. Logs are good size and dry. Hard wood.

We'd love to be able to lie on the couch for more than 30 minutes before we have to get up (although perhaps we should!) and heft another log in the firebox. And then go to bed and have it burn for most of the night.

So I ask:

1. Could someone please give us a tutorial on how to use this woodstove?
2. Does anyone know about how many hours it should burn during the night (if we do it right)?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.