md2002 Posted By md2002, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:10 AM

1. md2002

md2002
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2011
    Loc:
    United States
    Anyone have any thoughts of why once in awhile there is a howling type sounds coming from the back of my Enviro Milan. I'm assuming it's the auger grinding the pellets but I could be wrong. Just curious if people think it's something to be worried about. It doesn't happen often but it does happen, like 2 or 3 times throughout the night.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    Have you seen your cat?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    woodey likes this.
  3. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Your going to have to gain access to the back and find out which motor is making the noise

4. md2002

md2002
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2011
    Loc:
    United States
    Son of a B*tch! This sounds like work, I was hoping to avoid that. :) The sound is worse with certain pellets, which is why I assumed it was auger grinding but I was pretty sure I was going to have to look closer.

BTW - Like your comments in your sig. No one should be able to post without answering Yes to both those questions.

5. JRemington

JRemington
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 4, 2017
    Loc:
    Belleville New York
    If it’s a howling sound I’m guessing convection blower bearings. When it’s doing it unplug the blower and see if it stops. I believe there is an oil port on them.

6. md2002

md2002
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2011
    Loc:
    United States
    Yes there is, I oil it every year but now that it's mentioned I don't think I oiled it this year. I'll add some oil and see if it stops. It's good 1st step

7. saewoody

saewoody
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 15, 2017
    Loc:
    CT
    I was thinking Coyotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk