Hubby wants me to buy two frog digs to try kill g hog, or whatever in tunnel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
He just asked me to buy two fish diggs when I go to town in a while,
He thinks the two of us can stab that ground hog, or mole, gophers. Not sure what it or they are.
did find two dead moles last year. I dont know if Lazy Kitty found them or they dieded of old age etc.
He thinks we can go around stabbing the tunnels, ah so much ground to cover.so many tunnels
sounds like a lot of work to me. there are so many tunnels around in over 2 acres or so thats mowed....
what yall think. Now he says its a mole or mole...
I posted about this before esp that large hole behind my sweet potato bins.....
ANYONE ? thanks all

Moles sense predators, and navigate by vibrations in the ground. I only had problems with them in the spring when the snow was half melted. The moles would tunnel in the bare spots.
I installed a garden windmill and they moved somewhere else as the vibration of the windmill apparently made there navigation by vibration impossible when the wind was blowing.

Reactions: vinny11950
well the store had no frog diggers.. so
got a 6 ft windmill but it would take a lot of windmills cause there are tunnels everywhere

He probably said frog giggs,3 prong spear like,very handy for acquiring fresh frog legs.Smaller burrows are prob moles and/or voles,can be live&dead trapped,and poisoned. Big burrows prob groundhogs,or something that was digging for the moles,like a badger.Groundhogs easy to shoot,but can also use the old garden hose car exhaust method.http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/

We like to shoot them. Call them moles here. Never have shot one above ground, just wait for a mole hill to start moving.

Attachments

• panmole.jpg
    panmole.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 169
I'm confused, your husband wants to use a frog gigg on a woodchuck? Or on a mole or vole?

How big is the hole? Voles are broomstick sized. Oles generally don't go to the surface, but are chipmunk sized, and woodchucks... A fat cat on 3" legs.

I'm confused, your husband wants to use a frog gigg on a woodchuck? Or on a mole or vole?

How big is the hole? Voles are broomstick sized. Oles generally don't go to the surface, but are chipmunk sized, and woodchucks... A fat cat on 3" legs.
Woa! That is a big mole!!!!!!!!! Apparently Canadian ones are smaller : where I live they are the size of mice :)

Andrew

We have voles which look like a rat or squirrel with a short tail. The cat gets lots of those, they are big like my moles. As far as moles, we have the pictured mole but also an animal called a shrew which is small like a mouse and colored like a mouse but has a pointy nose and no ears like a mole.

We don't have woodchucks or prarie dogs. Those buggers are huge like cats. We have opossums and nutria but no diggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.