Humidifier for UH Max Caddy, Any Advice???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Davewoz123

Nov 10, 2019
Adsf
Does anyone have any advice on a humidifier for the older UH Max Caddy furnaces? I called the PSG customer support and they dont recommend anything and just curious on wiring it with the blower since it has the 6 blower speeds. any info would be greatly appreciated!

Why do the blower speeds matter?
Blower is powered on, humidifier gets powered on...humidistat wired in-line obviously...

Reactions: sloeffle
We thought about putting one on our furnace. I then read too many horror stories of them breaking and furnaces getting filled full of water so we didn't do it. We opted for a stand alone humidifier which we generally only have to run once a week or so in the middle of winter.

Our HVAC contractor told us that low humidity in a house in the winter is a sign of air infiltration.

Yep! Leaky houses equal low humidity. We suffered until we tightened up our home and since then, never had a problem.

Reactions: JRHAWK9
We thought about putting one on our furnace. I then read too many horror stories of them breaking and furnaces getting filled full of water so we didn't do it. We opted for a stand alone humidifier which we generally only have to run once a week or so in the middle of winter.

Our HVAC contractor told us that low humidity in a house in the winter is a sign of air infiltration.

Yep! Leaky houses equal low humidity. We suffered until we tightened up our home and since then, never had a problem.

I installed our AprilAire from our LP furnace on the wood furnace, but don't use it anymore.

Low humidity....ya, we have that problem and I know we lose a lot of heat at the peak. It's at 15% right now and temps are low 20's....last night they got down to -1° though.

Here's what it was at the end of January last winter during that arctic blast we all had to deal with. The "Basement" sensors are actually inside the blower box of the Kuuma, so it's actually the temp/RH of my return air.

DSC00766.JPG

DSC00767.JPG

Reactions: sloeffle