Humidity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JohnDaileyNH

Feeling the Heat
Oct 10, 2022
Seacoast, NH
What does everyone do to add some humidity to the room? I have a steamer pot but it doesn't seem to do a whole lot and the house gets very dry.

Just run a humidifier? Or is this just a consequence of using the stove for heat?

What does everyone do to add some humidity to the room? I have a steamer pot but it doesn't seem to do a whole lot and the house gets very dry.

Just run a humidifier? Or is this just a consequence of using the stove for heat?
Definitely a humidifier. I need one for my house. The dryness is really irritating me

I started running a humidifier, it’s been keeping the room around 27-29% humidity, which is only a few percentage higher then if I wasn’t running it at all. while the rooms is still dry compared to not running the stove, I definitively noticed a difference i. less irritation and less static shock.

Reactions: PAbeech