Hunker down for 'snowmaggedon 2015' fellow New Englanders

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester NH Ch 9 now saying 10-18" for southern NH during the day Mon.

I grew up in Leominster BTW. Family moved to NH in summer of 67 when I was 13.

Sam

You know, I hesitaded on the that last post. Sure enough, snow totals have gone up. :( Looks like alternativeheat receives less now.

I don't know about you fellow tractor guys, but I enjoy some winter 'seat time' as much as anyone. But what sounds like will be our 2nd storm this week with temps in the single digits on Monday, with another one apparently right behind it on Wednesday, that will make it what - the 6th plow-able storm in 10 days ?

After doing more hours this week on the tractor than I did in the entirety of either the past 2 winters, I say enough already, at least with the storms in such close proximity ! Only saving grace with the high winds and frigid temps we've had here in Maine has been that the powder snow got wind blasted off all my roof lines, so I haven't had to roof rake yet.

I have a feeling that if the remainder of the winter continues on as it has been the past week, that I'll never be so happy, come spring, to put the belly mower on and be able to run the tractor over something that isn't white or frozen !! Hang in there everybody, it can only get better as the days get longer in February and beyond ! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Be nice if they could be spaced out at 2 week intervals:). One after another sucks up alot of time.

Reactions: DMKNLD
My ATV's front drive went out yesterday ... fortunately I was just finishing up plowing. The bad news is ... a coming storm ... and the time and expense to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.