Huskee 22 ton splitter - detent problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wood_man

Sep 3, 2023
PA
Hello all, I need some help please. I 'tried' to adust the detent as my return was not stopping as quick as I would like. I took the cap off, removed the large bearing and found the slotted top. It was not turning at all. After applying a decent amount of force to it, I decided it wasnt worth screwing something up so I stopped. One thing I did do was I pulled up the outer sleave,, and yes to my surprise 4 little bearings popped out. Good news is I was able to find all four, whew!!!
My problem now is,,, I put the spring back, then the 4 bearing, the sleave (with the 2 grooves at the bottom) then the large bearing,,,

It wont work,,,, the cylinder is all the way out,, it wont retract. What am I doing wrong please??

Hello all, I need some help please. I 'tried' to adust the detent as my return was not stopping as quick as I would like. I took the cap off, removed the large bearing and found the slotted top. It was not turning at all. After applying a decent amount of force to it, I decided it wasnt worth screwing something up so I stopped. One thing I did do was I pulled up the outer sleave,, and yes to my surprise 4 little bearings popped out. Good news is I was able to find all four, whew!!!
My problem now is,,, I put the spring back, then the 4 bearing, the sleave (with the 2 grooves at the bottom) then the large bearing,,,

It wont work,,,, the cylinder is all the way out,, it wont retract. What am I doing wrong please??
Quick update.. if I take the bearings out, it will retract . With the bearings in place, the level itself cannot go all the way back, therefore the cylinder isn’t triggered to go retract.

Last edited:
Quick update.. if I take the bearings out, it will retract . With the bearings in place, the level itself cannot go all the way back, therefore the cylinder isn’t triggered to go retract.
Excellent - thank you very much! It ended up being the large ball bearing needs to go between the spring and the 4 ball bearings, not on top of the 4 bearings. Rookie error but thats something I wont every forget now!!

Thanks again!!

Reactions: brenndatomu
Just done this and greased it all as it was very rough. I was racking my brain to remember.