husqvarna 142 oil leak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean (TX)

Jan 26, 2008
Texas
What holds this oil tank together? It is leaking at the seam. Dont see any signs of screws...fell out? 1 year old. Muffler has fallen off twice!!!
chainsaw.jpg

I returned my 142 to lowes after the muffler melted a hole in my oil tank.....

Im going to take it in.Still under warranty....They should still have a muffler and gasket on hand for me. Seems to always let me down when I need it. It was blowing oil everywhere!!!

Hi,
I am new here. I saw you problem with you husky.I am a dealer for stihl , dolmar and Echo chain saws. I use to have husky and Johnny Red's. I will tell you something your saw is a orange poulan saw that you can get at wal-mart,about 98% of that saw with interchange with the poulan saw of that model in matter of fact. The only good huskys are the xp's. other wise run. If you are on a budget. Get a Echo they are one darn good saw for the money I tell you. Me I cut wood in my spare time to heat my house I run all stihl's and two Echo's.. But the trouble with you saw is your crankcase has started to spilt at the seem where the to plastic peices are molded together. Hopefuly it is still under warranty. If not buy a Echo I know they are one darn good saw. It really bothers me that Husky does this to people.That is one reason why I dropped them 4 years ago. And husky wanted to the warranty work for them becouse of the box stores need a repair center.. I told the rep to fly a kit. ( That is putting it nicely)..

I wish you the best

PS: I just bought a new pellet buner..

Pellet Burner.. I work for a Stihl/Husky dealer and I understand your current frustration with Husky. Don't get me started.

Sean, it should be covered under warrenty (2 years I think). Mufflers falling off is a bit of an issue for Husky right now. I saw two last week. Red Loc-tite will keep them in. Also, remove the muffler gasket, this will allow the bolts to grab more threads. If the holes are stripped, bring this to the attention of the dealer you bring it to so they can fix this.

Thanks ill toss the gasket. Used blue thread lock...Ill get some red. I still got like a year left on the warranty...I better use it some more :D

My Husqvarna 570 Chain has leaked oil ever since I have bought it (online). It does not spray - just leaks all the bar oil out when setting.

Husqvarna told me to take it to local dealer (1-1/2 hours away) and I asked if they had a sevice manual - they responded with "not availble to consumer".

I used to ride Husqvarna motorcycles and found them extremely reliable - too bad they have no quality with their chainsaws.

I guess I am stuck with bondo or JB-weld for a $600 saw less than a year old...

Take the bar off and mail it to them. Cheaper then gas. Mine all leaked out to when I sat it down. Just sprung a leak while cutting one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.