Husqvarna 550xp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
For all the 550xp owners. I finally ran my little 550xp saturday and noticed it had a slight stumble when accelerating off of idle. It never got worse or better the longer I ran it. I remember reading something about this issue with them. So sunday I tore into it. I took the intake horn that air filter sits on off. While the carburetor is still on the saw and you are facing the carburetor, there is a brass plug. I drilled the brass plug out and there is a air adjustment screw in there. I backed it out 1/4 turn and tried it. I ran for 20-30 min and the stumble is gone. So I just thought I would share this with everyone.

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
Doesn't this saw have auto tune?

My saw stumbled a few times on the first few tanks of fuel. It's good now. Took a while for autotune to get it's act together.

But mine came with some kind of small rusty metal debris in the muffler, about 20 pieces total. You could here it when moving the saw around when shutoff, almost like a baby rattle. So the muffler was replaced under warranty. The parts didn't come out of the motor, must have been a manufacturing defect.

Reactions: duramaxman05