hydraulic cylinder cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbcss

Sep 15, 2007
Windsor, Ct
does anyone know of a energy hydraulic dealer. I live in Ct. and can not fine one locally. I have a 4" bore with a 1 1/2" shaft and have a crack in my front cover. I contacted energy over a week ago and have not got a response back from them. I would hate to throw away a good cylinder for just a cover. I could probably get it welded but where the crack is they would have to weld the hose onto the cover.

Wow they need to work on the site unless they only deal direct to the consumer....
I did some quick searching through links I have to the Fluid power industry and nothing except thier homepage.....
There are some repair shops on thomas.net in CT
I would bring it to one of them and see if they can contact energy and get the rod end cap directly rather than weld it.

http://www.thomasnet.com/nsearch.ht...eading=96015896&navsec=prodsearch&oplisting=4

Have you tried going to a hydraulics place that "Carries Parker" stuff???

When it comes to "hydraulics" most parts (gland seals, end caps etc.) can usually be cross referenced and often times these places will have exactly what you need...usually on the shelf!

Look in the yellow pages under "Hydraulic-Equipment & Supplies".

Might be "pricey"...but probably a whole lot less than buying a new cylinder from "the dealer" that put it on their specific product.

Place to start:
http://www.parker.com/ead/cm2.asp?cmid=4493

The only area that can be welded on a hydraulic cylinder without need for re-machining and re-chroming is the end cap opposite the rod. Unfortunately the cost would exceed the replacement cost of the cylinder.

thanks for comments and replies. after a lot of thought and the age of the splitter, I did re-power with a new engine this spring I think for the price of cylinders I'm going to buy a new cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.