i am a genius

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the pony boy

Nov 5, 2011
putnam ny
came home today to find a bill from my gas company(propane) im still on auto refill. the gas was 4.55 a gallon/pound. at that rate i would spend somewhere in the neighborhood o f2500.00 to heat my house this winter. thats less than my hole stove setup including 2 tons of pellets. cant wait to tell them not to deliver unless i call. phil

I did the same thing a 3 years ago. I'll call you when I need propane. Guess what I haven't needed propane yet. That's 3 years!

No other satisfaction like telling the gas pushers to shove it.

Power to the pellets (and People)

The worse part of it is the next step is to charge you "rent" per month for the tank for the luxury of having the tank at your disposal.
The best case scenario is owning your own LP gas tank so you can negotiate your price.

I spent 20 years behind the desk for a national LPgas company coming up with ways to increase revenue during the warmer than average winters

mr coffee said:
The worse part of it is the next step is to charge you "rent" per month for the tank for the luxury of having the tank at your disposal.
The best case scenario is owning your own LP gas tank so you can negotiate your price.

I spent 20 years behind the desk for a national LPgas company coming up with ways to increase revenue during the warmer than average winters

I still use propane for cooking, clothes dryer, hot water, and back generator. So I imagine I will still burn enough to get out of the rental fee.

$28 a yr for 2 tanks rental fee. When the one for the house is empty, they can have it (over 2 yrs and about 45%-50% left). But that wont be for quite some time. Got a 100 gallon tank, I am going to get filled when I need it. We spent close to $4,000 a yr (thats after getting a brand new Trane forced air unit, with 100% insulated duct work) Savings is huge with pellets (and wood too-added this year).

Yes u R
I did it about a month ago. It was a real pleasure to see the look on the drivers face when he read the note, "DO NOT FILL"
I loved it!
No More Gas Bills.
Hurray for our side.

Status
Not open for further replies.