I am building the Kinsman Stoves Deluxe pellet stove, input please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
After spending time on this forum I am tired of some stoves so I am deciding to make my own unit. This is in the design phase so I will take suggestions and input. I am not here to bash some stoves even tho I do have plenty of examples cause we all know no matter how the stove is hooked up or lack of upkeep it is never the fault of the homeowner.

options that will be in the stove
1.) auto igniter
2.) self or semi automatic cleaning burn pot
3.) vent-free (just have to wear a respirator in the house or sometype of breathing device) 100% efficient
4.) tap system to hold the Yuengling

How is this so far?

Eric

I had an alert on my phone app that the word Yuengling was mentioned... I agree. I have a barrel of Lager on tap right now and I am 15 minutes from the brewery.

kinsman stoves said:

How is this so far?

Eric

You can stop the designing now....you got the most important part. Start building......I'll send my deposit in tomorrow. :cheese:

not sure how the fed regs read
so KISS
keep it simple stupid
My Invincible is so simple
I think anyone could work on it
and if you could eliminate the computer board with
industrial timers ( which I know someone on here has)
it would be bullet proof
round tube heat exchangers would help cleaning
and possibly being able to disassemble further for cleaning purposes
if we got a few forum members together
we could probably build the perfect stove..................
stainless steel interior
cast exterior
proper air wash

Uses it own energy to produce pellets. Never needs feeding.

Burn pot flip back flush to the back wall to make a firebox for splits when the power is out.

I am 15 minutes from the brewery.
How I envy you.

I've been drinking black & Tan even before they started making it,,,, 1/2 guiness stout and 1/2 yeungling lager,,,,,mmmmmmm

i keep a 1/4 of lager on tap this time of year,,,,,, 1/2 during the summer........

John

jmbones said:
I had an alert on my phone app that the word Yuengling was mentioned... I agree. I have a barrel of Lager on tap right now and I am 15 minutes from the brewery.

It MUST have the option for Porter, too!!!!

Murphy118 said:
I am 15 minutes from the brewery.
How I envy you.

I've been drinking black & Tan even before they started making it,,,, 1/2 guiness stout and 1/2 yeungling lager,,,,,mmmmmmm

i keep a 1/4 of lager on tap this time of year,,,,,, 1/2 during the summer........

John

Don't EVER do that to Guiness Stout, not even the lowly stuff they brew here!!!! Now, in Ireland, you would be killed if you mixed anything with the 'real thing'. That stuff is gooooooooooood.

tjnamtiw said:
jmbones said:

It MUST have the option for Porter, too!!!!

Porter is great but when you pull it out of the fridge let it warm up for 15 min then drink it. Much better that way.

Eric

large control board display with robot style voice that says "clean me" instead of the all too annoying, and very misunderstood blinking control board lights. Voice must also be able to discern when operator is making a phone call to dealership and prompt them to "read the manual" before getting me on the horn to tell them that "yes, you must add pellets to the hopper on occassion, or the stove will go out".
Same display could also show a checklist of the PM tasks required....maybe similar to the "check engine" light and its associated codes....no more "but I didn't know I had to empty the ash pan". We need the Apple of pellet stoves...the iPellet Turbo Niinja X (turbo ninja x is the trifecta of marketing power...an irresitable combination for the average consumer). GO TEAM Kinsman!

Two words: stripper pole

+1 to ironpony's suggestion of a basic, non computerized control board. Switches and potentiometers are all that is really needed..

Hi Eric

Please do not forget Igor the Auto Pellet Hopper Filler!!

Attachments

• AutoFeedPelletsSC.jpg
    AutoFeedPelletsSC.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 499
...and a heat tolerant wiper blade. Detects ash and gives a horizontal wipe.

When I read the thread title, I was expecting another red Big-E. :bug:

my top 3 wish list items in a pellet stove(now that I have had one for a short while)

1.) Ash Drawer
2.) All Air input/output Grills removable for easy vacuuming/swabbing access
3.) fire pot moves the ash to drawer automagically

/edit oh thought of one more, some sort of mechanism to shut the auger path off from the firebox if the power goes out

I thought that all Harman & Quad stoves already had all of the above? :p

Where is j-takeman??? This is nowhere near as good as last seasons stove..

Imacman, we need more ideas...

The blowers spinning should also generate electric to power the house so its off the grid and makes you money.

Because it makes its own pellets, the hopper will be storage for the ice, thats needed for the (Great Lakes Brewing Co. - Christmas Ale - my favorite holiday treat) or your beer of choice (Yuengling)....

The stove needs:

1: Wort boiler
2: Wort chiller
3: Fermenter temperature control
4: Bottling or kegging system

Forget that other crud make real brews.

5: Simple controls with idiot proof interlocks and a full auto cleaning system.

Optional extra depending upon country specific laws:

6: Still

kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]After spending time on this forum I am tired of some stoves so I am deciding to make my own unit. This is in the design phase so I will take suggestions and input. I am not here to bash some stoves even tho I do have plenty of examples cause we all know no matter how the stove is hooked up or lack of upkeep it is never the fault of the homeowner.

options that will be in the stove
1.) auto igniter
2.) self or semi automatic cleaning burn pot
3.) vent-free (just have to wear a respirator in the house or sometype of breathing device) 100% efficient

How is this so far?

Eric

Make sure it is UL listed or your home owners insurance won't like it.

I would like a stove that has few gages; one that tells the temp of the heat output and one that the rates the efficiency for the settings being used. Lots better that exposing one's backside!

smoke show said:
When I read the thread title, I was expecting another red Big-E. :bug:

Attachments

• sig small2.jpg
    sig small2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 285
Status
Not open for further replies.