I bought a new wallet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffesonm

Minister of Fire
May 29, 2012
central NJ
I had a regular old bi-fold wallet that was probably 10 years old and had just about fallen apart. After reviewing the contents of said wallet, I decided to go with the minimalist approach this time around. At least half of the junk in there was stuff I never really used.

I went with the The Baron in dark brown from Andar Wallets... cost me $27.50 shipped and so far I am quite pleased. Enough so I'm posting it here. The leather looks to be of good quality and it securely holds my 6-7 plastic cards and some cash. No affiliation, just really like the product and thought I'd share. We'll see how it holds up over time.

KwOykACh78r7Se_F8Of75tHbmskPOOZWce_VijxxPyUr1YqeAdLyBxhsdTbZrkGHB3A8vy5l_IlLHkr7A0C=w890-h667-no.jpg

_OHX6CSVs8GnT2wOE9AosPetu4LvfnbTskTbXj-T8wyR6XXaZ9ZawXYFd7f5DcTWeB8_Aa2zigFpA3fQmFL=w890-h667-no.jpg

Reactions: semipro
I had a regular old bi-fold wallet that was probably 10 years old and had just about fallen apart. After reviewing the contents of said wallet, I decided to go with the minimalist approach this time around. At least half of the junk in there was stuff I never really used.

I went with the The Baron in dark brown from Andar Wallets... cost me $27.50 shipped and so far I am quite pleased. Enough so I'm posting it here. The leather looks to be of good quality and it securely holds my 6-7 plastic cards and some cash. No affiliation, just really like the product and thought I'd share. We'll see how it holds up over time.

View attachment 175752

View attachment 175753

I just started thinking about a new wallet also. The leather on mine is starting to wear through. I've been looking at the type that looks like a check book so I can keep it as thin as possible. Without things like the Sam's club card and grocery store cards it could get really thin.

it's spilling stuff all over your keyboard

I bought this wallet in Jume. It is great. Even has a bottle opener! Anyone buying a new wallet should at least look into a trayvax wallet. Mine delivered was 28 and some change i think.

Attachments

• 20160304_122226.jpg
    20160304_122226.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 160
I bought this wallet in Jume. It is great. Even has a bottle opener! Anyone buying a new wallet should at least look into a trayvax wallet. Mine delivered was 28 and some change i think.
Nice. Doesn't it damage the magnetic strips on cards though?

Nice. Doesn't it damage the magnetic strips on cards though?
It hasn't yet. I usually have my license in the front, i flipped it to take the picture, and all my credit cards behind it. At the bottom of my stack of cards is where i have my CCW and then business cards on top of it. I dont carry cash very often, but if folded to 1/4 the size of a bill, you can slip it in behind the velcro strap that holds everything in place. I was worried about stuff falling out of it, but it is really very secure. RFID blocking too.

Status
Not open for further replies.