I figure 13 years is long enough to procrastinate getting an ash vac

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wahoowad

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2005
Virginia
I've been using my smaller shopvac with some special filter as my ash vacuum for years, but always thinking I should get a decent dedicated ash vac. I don't vacuum as often as I would like as I keep my bulky shop vac out in the garage and just don't go get it often enough. I think one of these ash vacs would fit in my un-used inside wood storage box and make it more convenient to clean up ash around the woodstove.

Just searched Amazon...didn't recognize many of the brands as one's I've seen here over the years. I do see a Powersmith. Any other suggestions for a make/model?

Thanks

Nothing to add, other than I want see what people recommend. I want to get one, too. :)

I forget the brand that I bought from the wood stove store but it is loud when running. Very loud. In fact it's obnoxious.