I found the snow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ABMax24

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2019
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Finally made it out sledding yesterday, was a little cold though at -18c (0f), made for a shorter day and some frostbit cheeks and cold hands. Most areas had 12" of fresh, even found a few spots that had 3-4ft of fresh, jumped off my sled at one spot and was armpit deep.

PXL_20220102_203448744.jpg

PXL_20220102_194619853.jpg

PXL_20220102_181914587-PANO.jpg

Lol, you stole the 1-3" they had predicted here... Nothing but 3 flurries.

Lol, you stole the 1-3" they had predicted here... Nothing but 3 flurries.

You can have it! It's been snowing on and off (mostly on) for the last week, and cold, yesterday was the warmest we've had in a week and a half and then the temps dipped again, looks like we might hit freezing again in about 10 days.

Coldest here tonight this season so far. Predicted low of 23 F...

Stay warm!

- 10 here this morning. Got up to 11 this afternoon under a blue bird sky. Sitting @ 8 right now. Sledding here is dead in the water with only about 2" of frozen icy snow on the ground.

Last edited:
We have had barely any snow this year. It's very frustrating to have the ground turn to mud once a week as well. I want to start working on my forestry projects, but I keep putting it off due to the unseasonably warm winter.

• Sad
Reactions: rottiman
We've done 18 hours of snow removal over Friday and Saturday morning. This is the most snow I've ever seen at one time. Still waiting on official totals, but it looks like we got 13"+. The wind drifts make it hard to know for sure. In some areas it was 2' deep.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Why that snow in Puget is amazing...We are below our count here in the city but maybe tonight we might get a inch or two...clancey

Be glad you are not a deer up in our mountains. We had as much as 44" come down in some places in the past few days.

View attachment 289356

I'd like to be right up there with them actually, looks like fun.

There isn't any big game animals that over-winter in the mountains that we ride, just too much snow for them to survive. I carry a 12ft avalanche probe with me, there's many years that you can't find the ground through the snow.