I had to laugh at myself

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
It just hit me that I’m excited to run a burn with a stove fully packed with big splits for the first time since November. Temps have been stuck in the 20-30 degree range forever. Expecting 3 degrees tonight. I’ve been careful not to overdo it for so long, not wanting to wake up sweating at 3 am.

For anyone considering getting a stove, be careful. Things like this will happen to you.

I lit a fire last night and got "excited" hearing the crackling as the kindling took off so I am in the same mindset as you are lol!

This weather is weird but also very unhealthy, every other person here in PA. is either sick, getting sick or was sick including me! The mold and bacteria is overwhelming, no cold weather to try to keep it down.