I just did my first major cleaning of my Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
Today I just did my first major cleaning of my Harman P68. I never should have bought a pellet stove, the thing is a piece of crap and way to much work boo hoo boo hoo poor me I cant do it I got ripped off, JUST KIDDING hahaha.

Actually everything went great. I had a previous post about the stove taking forever to light up. After cleaning everything out and removing the two wingnuts and removing all the ash from around the ignitor, the thing fires right up just like when it was brandy dandy new. I have to say that I was really surprised at the amount of ash. The ash pan was almost full! So now that everything is clean and all vacuumed out all is well. Good to go for another month maybe lol.

Great news. The best way to learn something is by repetition. Since you have only cleaned your stove once, I am going to go out of my way and make a once-in-a-lifetime offer to you to come clean my stove. I'm within a day's drive of you and willing to make this sacrifice. You will be able to return to your stove with the confidence you will be able to repeat the procedure the next time it needs it. Don't go telling everyone as this deal is only for the people I really like.

Turd Ferguson said:
Great news. The best way to learn something is by repetition. Since you have only cleaned your stove once, I am going to go out of my way and make a once-in-a-lifetime offer to you to come clean my stove. I'm within a day's drive of you and willing to make this sacrifice. You will be able to return to your stove with the confidence you will be able to repeat the procedure the next time it needs it. Don't go telling everyone as this deal is only for the people I really like.

lol turd

Turd Ferguson said:

Steveo, don't listen to Turd...I drove to Smithsburg, MD in September to pick up my Harman and it was a long drive! I'm in New Hampshire just around the corner, and I have three neighbors with stoves as well. This means that you have the opportunity to become an stove expert i just one day. And, because we are all nice guys...we'll even buy the beer. :)

Seriously, I just gave my stove it's first big cleaning and I don't know what the big deal is. When I told people that I bought a pellet stove, I heard many horror stories of all my furniture having black dust after I clean the stove. That was not the case at all. I made a bigger mess empting the fireplace clean out at my last house.

Happy burning!

I like to keep my stove clean inside so I vacuum it out once a week, I take a paint brush to the glass and quickly brush it off once a day when I scrap the heat exchanger wall. I also vacuum under the burn pot once a week and do a real good scraping on the burn pot more then the daily scraping. You can feel the heat output increase when you clean the heat exchanger wall.

We cleaned our P-68 out last weekend for the 1st time too. We followed the step by step intstructions and it took a while, but all is good.
We had burned 22 bags in the past month and the dealer said a good cleaning every 1/2 ton is worth it. The ash pan was about 1/2 full.
I think the more we do it, the easier/faster it will get or at least I hope so!

Laurie

Attachments

• 100_1653.jpg
    100_1653.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 296
Status
Not open for further replies.