I LOVE black locust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I had the same experience with some Mulberry recently...love these top shelf fuel woods!

My favorite was desert Mesquite camping in Northern Mexico. Tiny little camp fire, could warm ourselves and cook on the coals for hours. No smoke.

This time of year . . . during the shoulder season . . . I rarely burn the primo stuff. Instead I burn the punks, chunks and uglies . . . along with pine, poplar or other lower BTU woods. I save the "good stuff" for deep winter when I really need the heat and staying power.

Now you know! lol Seasoned Hedge is a eye opener as well!

Tulip poplar and loblolly pine are my go to woods in October and November. I can't get enough TP and pine as it dries so stinking fast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk