I need help in identifying this stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

volker

Dec 14, 2005
Does anybody know what brand and model this stove is? I just bought it and would like to get some parts and specs for it also. thanks Volker

Attachments

• wood stove.jpg
    wood stove.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,201
Is there no info on the back of the stove or bottom? Usually there will be a manufacturer's plate with some basic info. If not, is there any id in the casting plates on the interior?

Are you in the United States?

The casting looks very much like a Nu-Tec, which is an OEM. The actual brand of the stove could be different. They use the Upland brand name also.

Sean

Dear Sean,
thank you for the info. I found the Nu-tec company of RI on the web and asked them about this stove. (Amity) They are no longer making it as a wood stove but use the same design as a gas stove now. If anybody has further information about it I would appreciate it. PS. I am in MA
Thanks Volker

volker said:
Does anybody know what brand and model this stove is? I just bought it and would like to get some parts and specs for it also. thanks Volker

For sure, it is an Amity, one of the first wood stoves that tried to be a clean burner...three levels of burning...but it needed a real good draft to work since the fire has to go back down through a hole in the middle of the grate below the fire....

I am having my chimney built this week for this stove. Anything in particular that I should know or let the mason know to make it work at its best? Anybody else have one of these and have experience with them?

Have an interior chimney built. I doubt you will ever get that stove to draft in an exterior masonry chimney. The chimney should have 20' of verticle height above your connector And all chimneys in Ma require permits as do wood stove installations. Do not do motar work in weather below freezing unless approved proper precations are used. Check with your building inspections dept, for the proper cold weather concrete work provisions. Hire a mason who is licenced and insured. When building the hearth for the stove might as well build it to meet NFPA 211 codes or the International Mechanical codes. Same with any stone or brick facing walls behind the stove. If you do it right the first time it is a lot easier than tearing it down to correct it. Good luck let us know how things work out for you

I've got this same stove in blue enamel...it came with my house and I used it regularly...until it overheated and cracked. It was my first stove and I didn't know that it required a catalitic brick (no manual). Long story short, by the time I realized it was a cat and checked its health, I noticed the cat was not installed. Whats worse is that the plate that the wood/fire rests on melted and sagged and then eventually cracked. Now I am getting a new stove (Lopi Liberty) to replace it as I belive this stove overheated by my 3+ day fires.

If anyone is interested I've got a complete gasket kit for this stove (from the nu-tec folks) and a manual. I was considering saving some of the parts (glass, cooktop, bypas lever and damper...possibly other parts) for someone who needs it in the future. Feel free to contact me if interested.

jas

maybe you shouldnt have let Gopy touch your stove....... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.