I need to replace my door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mstoelton

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2013
SE michigan
I have come to the conclusion that I need to replace the door gasket on Clydesdale #1. Is there a way to do it while running the insert, or do I need to put it in standby for 24 hours to let the furnace cement dry. I hate to take it out of service with the weather so cold, but I will if I need to do so.

Just redid my door gasket last week and the Rutland gasket cement asked for an hour dry time with the stove down. I gave it an hour and a half and all is well.

Not possible to do while running, especially if there is hard gasket cement that needs to be removed. Have you already tried to slightly tighten the latch spring tension to buy you some time?

yes, I tried adjusting but the gasket material is just deteriorated and gone in one spot. I'll shut her down for a few hours over the weekend and bite the cold bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.