i think i might of screwed up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine never did - it took me a while to figure out what my issue was when I got home from vacation, I thought it just needed cleaning (which I did) and then different pellets (which I did), before it dawned on me that it wasn't trying to do any firing up at all just staying at the same low flame (knew why it wasn't shutting down since the basement was in the low 60's and temp set at 72). that is when the light bulb went off and I checked the leads.

I know how the guy dislodged the leads, by moving a step stool away from the stove, just have no idea how he didn't know he had caught the leads and yanked them out - especially after I cautioned him on making sure he didn't catch the cable. Oh wait, I'm sure he knew, just didn't care.
Like the OP he probably felt like an idiot, LOL ! No need of course, stuff happens . Be nice if he said something.

Well the house didn't freeze and probably saved some fuel.

and burned that $3.11 / gallon propane as I had the boiler thermostat on in case of stove problems.

and burned that $3.11 / gallon propane as I had the boiler thermostat on in case of stove problems.
You had the furnace that high for when you were gone? My backup is in low 50s

My boiler is set to 69 but we also aren't away. We set it to between 60- 62 when we go away. I had it set to 69 for when the temps were going down to -0 deg. f and I had the stove on Stove Temp Mode 4.5. The boiler did cycle on about 3:30 am on the overnight. The house has been 73 deg in Room Temp mode ever since and prior to that event. Oh it came on the other morning too when I had a low pellet situation and the remaining pellets clung to the sides of the hopper. The stove woofed out on me before I got up. 69 deg is seamless on the second floor when sleeping, waking up in the morning..

I had the heat set at 65, basement was in low 60's when I got home (it isn't heated by anything except stove - and at an idle, the stove isn't doing much) and the upstairs stove was off because he couldn't manage to keep it fed for 24 hours (and couldn't text me to find out how to restart it). My bird needs it to be in the 60's and so do my plants. If I am in the state, I set the propane at 52 because I will be home soon enough to warm it up if needed. When gone for a week - that doesn't fly and my house sitter obviously is not reliable.

Even if I had had the heat set for the 50's, it still would have been burning propane since heat doesn't rise in my place - hence the upstairs stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.