I think I need to see a doctor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
allhandsworking said:
I'll give you a cord of seasoned oak for the Chevy!

I was looking for at least 5 CSS

By the time I'm done setting up this gassification system I could have had enough money to restore it. My dad bought it new.

I guess I"ll take the money I save over the next couple years of not buying oil and do it then ;-)

One Dr, comin' up
free_1895298.jpg

And yup, yer all sickos . . . was that a Goat? or a Bonneville??

:bug: :lol:

billb3 said:
1965 impala ?

Super Sport.
White interior, bucket seats, 283 with a 2 speed powerglide automatic. all original.
My dad is the original owner. I have bill of sale. $1,800

infinitymike said:
billb3 said:
1965 impala ?

Super Sport.
White interior, bucket seats, 283 with a 2 speed powerglide automatic. all original.

Nice!

Gasifier said:
infinitymike said:
billb3 said:
1965 impala ?

Super Sport.

Nice!

It would be even nicer with a coat of paint.

But thanks anyway

I find it amazing, on Long Island I can get tree guys to drop at my house or shop all the time. I'm surprised more of them don't process themselves. It just goes to show the amount of labor involved isn't worth it. (even though they have all the equipment)

newtothis said:
I find it amazing, on Long Island I can get tree guys to drop at my house or shop all the time. I'm surprised more of them don't process themselves. It just goes to show the amount of labor involved isn't worth it. (even though they have all the equipment)

It is, isn't it?

My friend stopped proccessing firewood because it just wasn't worth it. He has 2 timberwolf TW5's , doesn't use them anymore. He gave me one to use when ever I want :)

I haven't even finished bucking that load and my neighbors son who works for a tree company out in Rocky Point was cutting stuff near my house in Northport, and just dropped about 10 yards. He said theres plenty more where that came from and his boss will have to pay $200 for 30 yards to get rid of it.
Maybe I should tell them to pay me $100 bucks to get rid of it! :coolsmile:

Is the Impala a 283 with a 4 barrel carb rated at 200 horse or so?

oldspark said:
Is the Impala a 283 with a 4 barrel carb rated at 200 horse or so?

No, I wish. Its just a stock 283 with a 2 barrel. It doesn't even start anymore.

Its been sitting on the side of the house and hasn't moved in 10 years.

But thanks to the new wood gun, I cleaned out my garage and now she's resting in side a toasty warm garage.

Heres what my neighbors son just dropped yesterday.

1002990c.jpg

By infinitymike at 2012-01-14

And heres what the load from the hijacked truck looks like so far

1002989.jpg

By infinitymike at 2012-01-14

There's still a good amount uncut stuff that you cant see in front of the split stuff.

And look the IMPALA is gone. In the nice warm garage

looking good mike. You oughta ask zap if he wants to come down from the slop up in the adks and enjoy the weather on LI. I bet he could knock out your pile in a half a day!!!!

I get all my wood for free, but i think i would buy that for $100 all day long. I get most of my stuff within 25 miles of the house on public land, so it can cost in my ranger up to $7 trip if i load the trailer like i did today i may get close to a cord, but the worck carrying it etc thats money well spent in my book!!!

100 bucks?? thats got to be the deal of the year if not the decade. Well done friend.

Thanks. Ya know when I first posted this I thought I was crazy, but now I realize that I am not very far ahead and unfortantly may have to burn that with only a year to season. I gotta get more wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.