I Think My Wife Is Trying To Eliminate Me!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Wrench

Feeling the Heat
Nov 16, 2009
On The Farm
It all started with me retireing, and our 25th. wedding anniv.

She thought that I would get bored with retirement. So she purchased a wood stove for herself, and a maul for me!
This cutting, bucking, splitting, loading, unloading, stacking,etc.etc..etc..

I think she has evil intentions..possibly trying to save the cost of a Hit-Man.

I'm on my 3rd week into this beautiful???/ adventure, and my 2nd bottle of ibprofin.

This kind of work puts teeth into the old statement "Dieing Breed"

I think she wants to read in the paper.

Poor Good 'Ole Boy Frank, was found died on the back 40 of his farm today.
EMT pronounced him dead at the scene.
Cause of death is uncertien at this time but was either

Heart failure
Multiple snake bits
The 42" dia tree on him
Or loss of blood from the chain saw cuts

This world willn't be the same with out him!

lol.

so what's all of that make me? suicidal? I brought all this pain onto myself!!!!

Have you checked your life insurance policy lately? Does it contain a clause that allows double indemnity for 'accidental death'? :)

Shari

Time to fight fire with fire so to speak , it sounds to me like you need a fake job yes you heard me a fake job no pay no benefits no boss. I hear they are going fast

Monkey, Make sure while your going out the back "somebody else" isnt coming in the front!

Acatually no. She wants you around longer but she wants you out of the house. Did you make the mistake of criticizing one or more of her soaps? That is a cardinal taboo. Of course you could be hoggin' the tv watching a soap different than she wants to watch!? There is a possbility that she has a rigorous "honey do" list she wants you to be able to do before your foot hits the bucket and this is just the warm up.

I think your wife is trying to save on therapist's fees. You'll be bored out of your mind in retirement if you don't have wood to load, split and stack.

Skip a couple of life insurance premiums to get her attention. :lol:

Monkey Wrench said:

She thought that I would get bored with retirement. So she purchased a wood stove for herself, and a maul for me!

I'm on my 3rd week into this beautiful???/ adventure, and my 2nd bottle of ibprofin.

Heart failure
Multiple snake bits
The 42" dia tree on him

Buck up Buckaroo think how strong you will be in a couple of season’s you may just out live her…lol

Keep taking breaks and tracking mud into the house .
If you're lucky she'll buy you a boat and a fishing pole.

Seems like a good reason to build a nice wood shed with a little tinkering spot for you. Find a good splitter and saw and you've got a nice retirement with a good reason to have alone time when you want it.

smokinjay said:
Monkey Wrench said:

Heart failure
Multiple snake bits
The 42" dia tree on him

Buck up Buckaroo think how strong you will be in a couple of season’s you may just out live her…lol

Thats what I was thinking, either he will get all buff or have a heart attack :p

In MY house the wood game is co-ed. At least it is suppose to be? The other half of my co - ed team does not seem to show up all that often :-S She keeps going on about a full time job, look'n after the house and 2 kids blah blah....

Oh well, as long as she shows up with a sandwich and a cold beer while I am working the wood, that's good enough for me. And it's nice (and a bit amazing) how she is always able to time her break for right about 2 minutes after I come back to the shop with the saws and splitter, just in time for a cold beer.

Monkey Wrench said:

Heart failure
Multiple snake bits
The 42" dia tree on him

When you start your Christmas shopping make sure you buy that splitter you always wanted, she'll understand.

Zap

billb3 said:
Keep taking breaks and tracking mud into the house .
If you're lucky she'll buy you a boat and a fishing pole.

That is pure genious. But alas I have been enlightened several years too late but it don't mean I couldn't try for an improved model. (and yes I mean the boat. Who in his right mind would give up a wife like that??)

Ya - definitely make it a point to ask for upgraded equipment for b-day / christmas, just don't make the mistake I did. Wife ask what I wanted for my birthday and I said a new wood splitter would be nice. Then I mentioned possibly if she was a tall brunette with nice legs and big.... Well, you can imagine that didn't go over too well.

Monkey Wrench,

You will know for sure if she sets up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust, guaranteeing your safety.
And at that meeting, you'll be assassinated.

gzecc said:
Monkey, Make sure while your going out the back "somebody else" isnt coming in the front!

Good One !!
I really don't want to loose this one. Took me 25 years to get her trained right!!!!!!!

Any way I'm milking this project. New equipment so far and I will be adding
New saw
New 27t splitter
New chaps
New gloves x 3
New winch for the Polaris

I'm not even close to being finished . What do all think about a 4th saw? Maybe a ms290 or Husky 455.

Monkey Wrench said:
gzecc said:

Good One !!
I really don't want to loose this one. Took me 25 years to get her trained right!!!!!!!

New saw
New 27t splitter
New chaps
New gloves x 3

I'm not even close to being finished . What do all think about a 4th saw? Maybe a ms290 or Husky 455.

If you think you have her trained right, then she definately has you trained properly.

cozy heat said:
Ya - definitely make it a point to ask for upgraded equipment for b-day / christmas, just don't make the mistake I did. Wife ask what I wanted for my birthday and I said a new wood splitter would be nice. Then I mentioned possibly if she was a tall brunette with nice legs and big.... Well, you can imagine that didn't go over too well.

Got a death wish, eh?
My wife would come right back with "SURE, and I'll get myself a nice buff well h*** young guy to keep ME company". :ahhh:
Some things just aren't funny to women.

bambam said:
Monkey Wrench said:
gzecc said:

Good One !!

New saw
New 27t splitter
New chaps
New gloves x 3

If you think you have her trained right, then she definately has you trained properly.

BING, BING, BING, BING!
There's that perspective thing again.

Monkey Wrench said:
gzecc said:

Good One !!

New saw
New 27t splitter
New chaps
New gloves x 3

I have one, and my advise is to not get one. Too heavy. If you have the moola, get a lighter saw with at least as much oomph, and put on some kind of NON-safety chain. You can thank me later.

True love is a dangerous thing indeed. :-/

If there's one thing i learned, Never try to outsmart a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.