I used to LOVE my Enviro Mini...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bubble

Dec 1, 2015
Berks PA
This week my Enviro Mini "A" started shutting down after completing the start-up mode. Main indicators were that when the stove attempted to switch from START-UP to normal RUN mode, the MODE light would momentarily switch from flashing (start-up) to solidly lit (run mode), then begin the SHUT-DOWN process. I found the HEAT SENSOR on the combustion motor would not close, making the stove think that a fire never got above 120 degrees. Being in the repair business myself (not stove repair lol), I've decided long ago to accumulate a stock of spare parts for the inevitable fixes. Swapped it out & we're back in business.

In 4 years, this is the third repair required for this stove. First the PC board went bad, disabling the convection fan, then the ignitor failed, now the exhaust temperature stat. Did I just end up with a lemon, or what??

In addition, the paint on the ash ledge is peeling pretty badly.

This stove is protected by a UPS to eliminate electrical disturbances, and a Surgex industrial quality surge suppressor, so electrical anomalies are not causing breakdowns. This leaves me wondering...what's going to fail next?

I'm sure all you professional stove guys have seen these issues a million times, and are somewhat entertained by the postings on this forum, and the tribulations of ordinary stove owners. Maybe can even troubleshoot these issues in your sleep, lol. But for the rest of us, a little frustration at having to drop all plans to address an urgent malfunction in a pellet stove is not my idea of a relaxing weekend. Not everyone is handy with repairs; I can't imagine what your average stove owner would do with a stove like mine with this track record.

Just venting (pun intended), rant over, lol.

I don’t know your pellet stove, but pellet stoves need more care than a wood stove. These stoves creat a harsh (hot) environments and that can be hard on parts. Your control board could of had a poor joint that was slowly damaged by the heat of the stove.

While repairs do happen. I wouldn’t let it bother you..

But at the same time venting is good!

Rick......

3 repairs in 4 years I guess it could be worse
My old Enviro has had 2 repairs in 18 years
what can I say the more electronics the more repairs
But venting is good for the sole have at it