I want my 4.5 cuft Cat Cast Iron Stove and I want it NOW.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a Chinook 40 or an Equinox cat with thermostat. I like cast stoves, but I don't think it would look right in my new place.

The new Lopi hybrid has a 3cu ft fire box according to their Facebook page. Waiting on burn time info. Its a good looking stove IMO.

Lopi says 12 hour burn time :(

So - are we past the "its way too big to be a wood stove"? Have we agreed that there is a potential following for a 4.0 (or even bigger, as is the king) thermo controlled cat stove? Have I been taken off of the "Jags is nuts" list?

Come on Woodstock - come on Blaze King - come on PE - come on Quadrafire - are you listening????

There is nothing nuts about it. The ability to run an 80+ lb load at 300° is a beautiful thing. So is being able to run at 750° when needed. Two day burns or not, doesn't matter to me, but BK's air control is outstanding. The only negative is that it would be a BIG stove, though clearances are relatively tight on the king. My house is only around 1600 sq ft, but the stove is in a big room, so it works for me.

Given the price tag of their ugly stove, I'd hate to see what a purty cast one would cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.