i want to be like LLigetfa - hour meter splitter mod ;)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
here's my first splitter mod -hour meter so i can change the oil every 15 hours or so

and a few pics

meter

stevespictures001Medium.jpg

wire

stevespictures002Medium.jpg

and a few hours of work for the neighbor lady yesterday

stevespictures003Medium.jpg

You need an umbrella

smokinjay said:
You need an umbrella
Ja.

I thought about a hour meter but then it would just annoy me to see how long it actually took to split a grapple load. I just change the oil once a year. My tractor on the other hand could really use one cuz I put way more hours on it.

My most fav mod though is the short stop. Love it, love it, love it.

tell me more about the short stop please - all my stuff is 10 inches or smaller and that would be a great mod

Only 10 inches? You don't need a splitter, just a wife to give the wood "the look" and it will split out of fear. I buck my wood to 20 inches and my splitter is 26" max opening. My short stop only takes 4 inches off the stroke so it wouldn't do you much good.

Here is a link to Short stroke my splitter.

got a tiny insert and i load n/s (seem to get more heat)

LLigetfa doesn't change his oil every 15 hrs he changes it twice a year...besides two LLigetfa's here is one too many. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.