I want to know how to wire a Honeywell R8845U relay.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morith

Dec 5, 2008
NW CT
I am in the process of adding another heat loop to use up some extra btu's rather than overheat. I purchased a circulator and an additional relay exactly like the other zones in my home. The originals are 30yrs old. The new ones have the same numbers but the relay is significantly different looking inside. I don't have the luxury of copying the old relay connections. The new relay came with a diagram that I just don't understand. I get where the T-stat gets wired in but I don't get which terminals are to be used to supply the AC feed, the 24v supply, and the circulator. Common and A are marked as To Power. I think I would use Load 1 and Load 2 to supply power to the pump. If I am right so far, where do I connect the 24V that supplies to juice to run the relay like on the other relays in use? Thanks for any pointers that you can provide.

L1(black)and L2 (white)are the power, you will need to run a jumper from L1 to Com, your pump wire goes on NO(meaning normally open) white wire to the pump goes under L2 also. The A+B terminals are a dry contact. In most cases they are in parallel with the other dry contacts in the other controllers looped through each, They should be the 5+6 (some guys use the 3+4) terminal in the older controllers and go back to ZC/ZR or TT on your gas valve depending on what you have to fire the boilers. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.