I waved the white flag today ...!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat53

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2010
UP Mich
I give up ! I can't take this *&#@*&$ winter anymore !! Got another 8" of snow yesterday. Most snow I've seen in the last 20 years at least. Its almost up to my waist in the woods. I am out of room for plowing snow.

Most places in the U.P. tied a record today of 71 straight days below 32F. That record will be broken tomorrow easily. Forecast high is 17F and -13F tonite for a low !! We've already broken a record for coldest December ever I believe, and January was one of the top 3 coldest ever recorded, and February is on track to break another record.

I've burnt nearly a cord more than normal already ! I'm SICK OF WINTER !!!! Winter sucks !!

Pat

Yeah I am sick of it too. Of course I always am by Thanksgiving. Got three inches last night on top of the foot that was on the ground and three or more due tonight and some more coming tomorrow and Sunday. The light at the end of the tunnel is starting fifties and sixties Tuesday for a few days.

I waved the white flag last week but nobody seen it. I am going to shovel the roof again tomorrow this will be number 3. I checked it today and 3' on the slope and close to 5' in the valleys.

Reactions: flyingcow
We had our token snow last weekend. 2" and was gone by Sunday night. That's enough winter for me.

winter must have truly been hell 100 years ago when they didn't have the tools and comforts we have today.
And you know where the outhouse was. brrr.

Reactions: flyingcow
Just think only 35 days till Spring
A little more snow than usual
A little cooler than usual
All in all a very pleasant winter around here
The worlds longest skating rink has had the
best season in the last 10 years .

Most snow I've seen in the last 20 years at least. Its almost up to my waist in the woods.

well shoot, i didnt need to hear that. I plan on taking a run up to my place along the UP border and shoveling off my roof tomorrow, hope its not caved in on me already.
Always a fun day, 3 1/2 hr drive up, walk half mile back into the woods thru waist high snow, shovel snow for 3 hrs, walk back out and drive 3 1/2 hrs back home. Makes for a long day. I'd bet money my wood sheds have caved in already.

Gonna be shoveling the garage and shed roofs for the second time this season today. Not a big deal but I get through most winters without having to touch them.

Reminder to peeps, generally, if you find yourself wondering if your roof should be cleared,...it's already time to clear it of snow.
But, from what I've seen, if you're posting on this site, you're already on top of things.

Had a foot last weekend, then the 'little' storm the turned into 8 more and now the 'little ' storm today could be another 6 to 10. Ice dams are starting up on the roof and the pile is threatening to bury the mailbox again. Ugh. I would mind this crap in Dec.... I can't stand getting sacked at the end of the year again.

well shoot, i didnt need to hear that. I plan on taking a run up to my place along the UP border and shoveling off my roof tomorrow, hope its not caved in on me already.
Always a fun day, 3 1/2 hr drive up, walk half mile back into the woods thru waist high snow, shovel snow for 3 hrs, walk back out and drive 3 1/2 hrs back home. Makes for a long day. I'd bet money my wood sheds have caved in already.
Been a couple stories on the news recently of folks pole barn roofs collapsing.
We're at least an hour from the YouPee.

Just started snowing again here. Calling for 6-8". I think we are already over 2X our seasonal average, whoopee.

Well, back when I was a kid .......................................................

Reactions: Fifelaker
My 20x12 shed went down two weeks ago and it's full of rounds, the new splitter and other lawn equipment. If you don't like snow, you best not live in the yuper! But at least your not getting lake effect snow now. The snow is deep here, but I only get sick of winter when it goes until June like last year after big 20+ inch snow storms in May.

Same here. Planning a trip down south this Spring. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat but this winter has been the last straw. Starting with the beginnings of moving to a better climate.

I just started being done with winter here too. Of course we've had nothing like what you Yoopers & others are dealing with really.
Chicago's had about 65" so far & we've had a bit more lake effect here, so definitely flirting with 6' running total.
I do like the cold & I like winter to just stay winter for a while, but as usual I am sick of it by mid-February.
An injured back this year has made it pretty tough to enjoy winter. Can't ski, or make a snowman with my little one, or shovel, or carry the wood in… Can't even walk the dog with all the ice snow on the ground.
Come-on Spring!!!
2 years ago we had Daffodils blooming here by March 10-12'th. This year we'll be lucky if the snow is gone by then.

It's snowing again here on LI. East end due to get another 6-8 on top of all the leftover ice. Like the OP i plow my driveway and have nowhere to put this stuff.

I love winter but I have had enough this year.

Reactions: Dix
Yeah I am sick of it too. Of course I always am by Thanksgiving. Got three inches last night on top of the foot that was on the ground and three or more due tonight and some more coming tomorrow and Sunday. The light at the end of the tunnel is starting fifties and sixties Tuesday for a few days.

We thought we were also in for a warmup, albeit not that high. Today we find that our highest forecasted temperature for next week is 37. On top of that it appears we may be in for up to 6" of snow Monday or Monday night. How far away did you say spring was?

At least we can feel the sun here now when it hits you.6 weeks ago we saw it but when you expected to feel it's warmth, just wasn't there.

Reactions: PapaDave
Had a foot last weekend, then the 'little' storm the turned into 8 more and now the 'little ' storm today could be another 6 to 10. Ice dams are starting up on the roof and the pile is threatening to bury the mailbox again. Ugh. I would mind this crap in Dec.... I can't stand getting sacked at the end of the year again.
don't forgot the blizzard conditions tonight, might lose power. I managed to get 3 bins off the wood pile before the flakes started. I'm burning 3 half Niels NS with 2 splits in top, getting some wicked heat and long burns-- bring it on Winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.