I waved the white flag today ...!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or like me. Where the house is paid for.

Yes there is that fact too, not much makes retirement more enjoyable than being debt free, then there is that pesky problem of citizenship & all the bennies that go with it. Might have amend my plan to where to spend the 5 coldest months. Be the snowbird. I can live with that, actually have a few old trade dogs like me that winter in So Cal from this area.

Just don't have to go to the hospital down here. !!!

Just don't have to go to the hospital down here.

That's the weird part. I can buy full coverage insurance up here that covers extended travel to foreign lands for a fraction of what posters say they are paying south of 49. Go figure.

That's the weird part. I can buy full coverage insurance up here that covers extended travel to foreign lands for a fraction of what posters say they are paying south of 49. Go figure.

Something from an alum of my college that should be required reading in high school here. And before you can be elected to Congress.

http://tinyurl.com/mrrb2xj

Something from an alum of my college that should be required reading in high school here. And before you can be elected to Congress.
http://tinyurl.com/mrrb2x

Yes I have read many similar to that in the past. Sad to be forced back into debt by illness or accident. Long past due to have single payer south of 49. Me I am thankful for the roughly 3K that it costs me here for similar care.

Reactions: woodgeek
I have to look up the postings back in October where the peanut gallery was clamoring "Bring it on!".
I might have been in the mix - driven by relentless mosquito population.

Should be feeding the stove the twigs and branches from cleaning up the property in March. I don't even know where my yard is right now. I'm getting too old for extremes.

Well, we've got a base of slushy sleet that froze, so that will be a better under the coming snow than glare ice would be....

Exactly why my "where to retire" plans are pretty much limited to areas of the globe where in the native language they have no word for snow.

US Virgin Islands 70-90 year round. part of US. speak English, reasonably priced. Looking at property there now. will be relocated within 2 years. This winter did me in. Can go there debt free. wife is onboard,

Twice we have had to leave our luggage in the little Charlotte Amalie airport running from a 'cane. Both times they finally showed up in San Juan.

Reactions: Frozen Canuck
how about an el nino and a hot summer????/
BhzWHauCAAIuxgn.png
for wsi via twitter. their comment massive warm anom >6*

the view from the 1/2 acre waterfront, I will keep you in mind next winter.

20130206213229513820000000-o.jpg

Reactions: firebroad
Wow that's warm! Short pants & short sleeved shirts for sure if it warms up to that here. That's just a few degrees cooler than Orlando was. Take heart it will all too soon be warming up. You should be planting the garden May 23 or so. Winter just doesn't have that much gas left in the tank. Too bad….oh well it was fun while it lasted. Maybe next year will be cooler.
I'm whining I know it, but I darn sure we were colder than Orlando this morning!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my fellow Marylanders start panicking when they see a few flakes. They don't know what to make of this year, with several appreciable snowfalls. The young ones don't remember the great snows we had in the 40's 50's and sixties, and ask me, "Have you had enough snow? Are you ready for spring?" to which I reply, "Nope."
Outside of an ice-storm a few weeks ago that caused some damage and 3 days with no power, I still say, "Bring it on!"

Just came back in from walking the pup. Full moon, beautiful to look at, but overnight temp is dropping to -23 with -32 windchill. I think we broke another cold record today (1956 I think). Old man winter is kicking the crap out of us this year.

Walking in the woods at 65 degrees today. Listening to the news now and heavy snow is coming Sunday night and Monday with our county in the bullseye for heaviest accumulation. Methinks it is the eighties again.

"Riggs. I am getting too old for this #$@%!"

Status
Not open for further replies.