I1150 buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

medwid125

Nov 30, 2019
Boston
Hey guys. I am finally buying a Regency i1150 this weekend and I wanted to see if you think I’m making the right decision. We are putting the insert into the living room. I am looking to heat the living room, kitchen and dining room. My question is do you think the small insert will be enough. I’m not not dead set on getting heat to the bedrooms but I might be nice on the colder days as we only have oil for heat. I know my master bedroom won’t get any heat from the stove. Do you I should have gotten the medium ? I attached a picture of the floor plan, but a few things to note. There is a 5x4 window in between the kitchen and living room, the dining room has vaulted ceilings, and there are no doors in the living room or hallway they are just openings.

30F02212-47C7-4F41-B615-9A4A21092AEA.png

I really doubt it will be enough honestly. That's a really small stove.

I just realized on the drawing that the kitchen is not 23’ long it is only 12’. Not sure how the typo happened. Not sure if this changes your opinion. That means between the three rooms that are all pretty open to each other I have 510ish sq ft

The layout is not great for heating more than the stove room with the insert. Unless the plan is to create a convective loop with a fan on the floor blowing cool air into the stove room, I think the small insert will be enough. It won't have a long burn time, but if only used to supplement the oil on nights and weekends then it may suffice. A larger stove is going to need air to be moved or the living room is going to be a no-clothes zone. Maybe that's the plan?