ID a wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Setter Fan

Jan 17, 2014
CT
Wife and I went to visit a home we were potentially interested in purchasing and were surprised to see this in the fireplace. I believe it is a Hearthstone Mansfield but it has a side loading door.

My other guess was the Equinox but I don't think it is that big, but just a guess.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

It does not seem to have enough clearance to the hardwood floor.

Thanks
Frank

IMG_2460.JPG

Hearthstone Heritage

That is a beautiful looking setup. If that is wood flooring right off the floor hearth it will need some additional ember protection, 16 inches from the stove door usually.

Yep, looks like my setups. 8021s with 4" legs. They do have an r value hearth requirement but with the elevation off the floor, not sure how that really works. For mine, I assumed the elevation did not matter so stripped my flooring to the slab and tiled it. No worries. Realistically with 8" to the wood floor, it would not be needed but you may need to research that. With an IR thermometer, mine is hottest just in front of the legs and front door and for you, that would be on the slate hearth.

There is likely a build plate attached to the back right of the stove with date info. It should be a good stove for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.