Identify my Fisher ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelam123

Feb 18, 2013
Coaly. where their imitation stoves made with the fisher name. My stove has a mountain pattern on the door and fisher on the right side only. No gasket around the door. I will go look at the hinges later and look to see how the door seal os made. What I have not read about is that this stove has a flew on the top and a heat vent out the back with a weighted damper. Is this stove a grandma.

The only mountain scene I know of is the XL shown below. It has a sun on the left, so I dubbed it the "sun door". They are the first model with arched top "catherdral" doors.
How many bricks across the back ? This will give me the size of Grandma, Grandpa or XL.
Flat top doors, or arched top?
No solid doors use gaskets, need pictures.

If you do a search on this forum (Search Forums button at the top left) with the word "barometric" you will see some barometric stoves that you are describing with rear inlet, and top outlet. So far, barometric stoves have Fir trees on the doors, not a mountain scene.
Here's pics of the barometric box if yours has one inside as well.

XL 2.jpg XL

Barometric air box in Grandma 2.JPG Barometric air box in Grandma

Barometric air box in Grandma looking down top vent.JPG Barometric box looking down into top vent

Grandma Bear w baro damper 2.JPG Grandma with barometric damper installed

Grandma barometric damper back.jpg Grandma barometric damper back

dsp_img_0001.jpg Grandma III has Fir trees, no mountain scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.