Identify my Whitfield?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey Baker

Dec 11, 2012
Hi all,

I just purchased a home that has a Whitfield pellet stove in it. The control board is missing and the sticker with the serial number has been removed so I need to identify the stove so that I can get the right board (it seems that all boards are non returnable so if I get it wrong I'm going to have to eat the cost). Anyway, any chance someone here can identify it?

Thanks in advance,
Corey
stove.jpg

open.jpg

damper.jpg

look like a Advantage II-T, maybe the "classic" (II-TC)

Hi all,

I just purchased a home that has a Whitfield pellet stove in it. The control board is missing and the sticker with the serial number has been removed so I need to identify the stove so that I can get the right board (it seems that all boards are non returnable so if I get it wrong I'm going to have to eat the cost). Anyway, any chance someone here can identify it?

Thanks in advance,
Corey

Whitfield Advantage II Insert. Probably early 2000's

if you could post a pic of the molex connecter of the wiring harness I might be able to tell you better.

does it have igniter in it?

lift out the burnpot and look in the tube just behind it igniter would b e a metal cylinder (solid) a bit thicker than a pencil.

Good Eye!

Can anyone confirm that this is a III? As far as I can tell, in the advantage series, there were only two with a one piece glass front, the III and the Plus, but the Plus has more trim and a shallower set of vents near the top.

Thanks!

Corey, I am operating a Whitfield advantage II on a control board from a newer Lenox Stove. This is a thread posted on Mike Butcus's site on Whitfield repairs - Whitfield pellet stove repair, pellet stove repair, auger repair, cleaning a pellet stove.
I wanted to pass on this information. I have installed a Lennox Montage pellet stove control board on my Advantage II insert successfully.
A tip from my local stove shop, [Stove Keepers, Brookline, NH] the wiring in the Montage and Advantage II are nearly identical and the control board is a direct plug and go replacement.
http://pelletsandstoves.com/index.php/Pellet-Stoves-K-through-O/Lennox/Montage-Freestanding/Lennox-Montage-Owners-Manual.html
Your site has been indispensable in rehabilitating a stove I received for free off Craig's List.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.