Identify this Baby Bear?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny jam

Aug 7, 2016
Atlanta ga.
I have a baby bear that has a rounded ash pan. After all the baby bear photos. I have seen , i havent seen a door with only two trees on it..i believe is from ga. Because of numbers welded on bottom of pan and on bottom of stove..
Could yall help me figure out age of stove

Hey coaly, would really like to talk to you about this stove..i have one with a door just like that except the pin deal and a rounded ash plate.has d2629 jm welded on bottom of ash plate and a signature welded on bottom of stove...could yoy please give me some history on this stove... ???? Thanks john from atl.

I have a baby bear that has a rounded ash pan. After all the baby bear photos. I have seen , i havent seen a door with only two trees on it..i believe is from ga. Because of numbers welded on bottom of pan and on bottom of stove..
Could yall help me figure out age of stove
Welcome to the Forum;
Need pictures; Does it have Fisher on the door? There are 2 Fir trees on the arched top cathedral Baby door;

Baby Napa ebay 1.jpg Model VI Baby Bear after 1980.
If from GA, there should be stove number and initial of welder under stove (box builder) and initials under ash fender of who hung the door and vented it when sold.

The stove has D2629 jm welded on bottom of ash plate and some thing welded on bottom of stove it self. Trying to figure out how to post pics...the legs on mine are not tappered just angle

Below the message box you type in click "Upload a File". Choose from your files and before clicking thumbnail to put picture in message click into message where you want it so the courser is where you want the picture.

Ga. did not taper legs.
Whatever is welded on the bottom of stove is initials of the person who welded the box for warranty purposes. Could it be an S B ?
I had it backwards, the number under ash fender is stove number when vented and sold. (PA put the stove number on the box)

Below the message box you type in click "Upload a File". Choose from your files and before clicking thumbnail to put picture in message click into message where you want it so the courser is where you want the picture.

Ga. did not taper legs.
Whatever is welded on the bottom of stove is initials of the person who welded the box for warranty purposes. Could it be an S B ?
I had it backwards, the number under ash fender is stove number when vented and sold. (PA put the stove number on the box)

Took me a minute to figure out this darn phone ...lol

Ga. did not taper legs.
I think it is sb ?

Prices are seasonal and any Fisher Stove is worth what buyer and seller agree upon. Without a picture of the entire stove it's difficult to determine what you have. It looks like angle iron legs, which means it won't have bent corners made from one piece for the box. Bent corners would be a UL Listed stove. If it has a UL tag on the back, they are worth more, since most jurisdictions and insurance companies require it. It was made after 1980 when they were listed, but GA along with many others offered any stove built in the old configuration with angle iron corners as a cheaper alternative. They were normally used on a hearth where shields are not required. If yours has bent corners, it will have removable legs and rear and bottom heat shields. The tag would be on the rear heat shield.
The states that require all stoves to be EPA Certified normally sell for less. (WA, OR, and CA)
That's a good size stove for your area and should be desirable since you require much less heat than here in the north where Papa is at a premium and hard to find. Watch Craigslist in your area to get an idea of selling prices. You will find anything from $100 to 1000+ on eBay. Surprisingly sooner or later they sell overpriced in my opinion. A rear or side vent is more desirable for most installations on a hearth where the pipe needs to be low under the mantle. Brick condition, paint, and moving parts wear are other factors to consider. Most any of these stoves can easily be brought back to like new condition to sell for the premium price when reconditioned.
We should be able to determine who made the box with a picture of the stove bottom initials. OK, so I need it for my screen saver too. ;)

Prices are seasonal and any Fisher Stove is worth what buyer and seller agree upon. Without a picture of the entire stove it's difficult to determine what you have. It looks like angle iron legs, which means it won't have bent corners made from one piece for the box. Bent corners would be a UL Listed stove. If it has a UL tag on the back, they are worth more, since most jurisdictions and insurance companies require it. It was made after 1980 when they were listed, but GA along with many others offered any stove built in the old configuration with angle iron corners as a cheaper alternative. They were normally used on a hearth where shields are not required. If yours has bent corners, it will have removable legs and rear and bottom heat shields. The tag would be on the rear heat shield.
The states that require all stoves to be EPA Certified normally sell for less. (WA, OR, and CA)
That's a good size stove for your area and should be desirable since you require much less heat than here in the north where Papa is at a premium and hard to find. Watch Craigslist in your area to get an idea of selling prices. You will find anything from $100 to 1000+ on eBay. Surprisingly sooner or later they sell overpriced in my opinion. A rear or side vent is more desirable for most installations on a hearth where the pipe needs to be low under the mantle. Brick condition, paint, and moving parts wear are other factors to consider. Most any of these stoves can easily be brought back to like new condition to sell for the premium price when reconditioned.
We should be able to determine who made the box with a picture of the stove bottom initials. OK, so I need it for my screen saver too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.