Identify this stove. NOW WITH PICTURES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
Ok I don't have a picture. I probably won't have one until monday, but I told the guy I would take it.

First, it looks like a small Englander or Summers Heat, except the door closes on the left and not the right. If i remember right the air control is on the top right. It has legs on it. I measured it to be about 2 feet wide, 2 feet deep, and 2 feet tall.

Here's the kicker. I found a label on the back of it. I couldn't find a manufactuerer on the label but it says made in Canada. On the bottom of the label there is a place for a manufacturing date. It had 8/90 written on it by hand.

It is an EPA stove. It doesn't have burn tubes, it has a burn baffle like a PE except it is in at an angle and it doesn't appear to come loose, or atleast rattle around like the one in my Summit will do if you push on it. I hope it does for the sake of cleaning. I didn't look at it very long before telling the guy it's sold. I was more concerned about warps and cracks. It has an C channel looking lip on the top back of the stove like a PE Vista. the measurements don't add up unless there is a short leg kit for them or PE made a deeper stove back then.

I can't believe it might be a Vista. The guy is only asking 200 dollars for it. It needs gaskets but other than that it looks to be in really good shape.

Got any ideas?

Attachments

• IMAGE_370A.jpg
    IMAGE_370A.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 391
  • IMAGE_371A.jpg
    IMAGE_371A.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 395
  • IMAGE_373A.jpg
    IMAGE_373A.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 410
  • IMAGE_374A.jpg
    IMAGE_374A.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 380
Sounds like an SBI stove. Not sure if it's a Drolet, Osburn or another of their products. Pictures will help.

I'm going to submit my guess as an older stove made by Century Heating.
The name of the manufacturer should be on that tag on the back of the stove, near the bottom.

Good guess on the Century. Maybe the predecessor to the 270007?

It is a Century Heat Model 244SE - a fanatastic stove for the price.
It is manufactured by the Vermont Castings parent company.
I believe it has since been renamed as a "Dutchwest Model 244SE" steel stove.
Either way, I had two (2) of these stoves - one of them replacing an expensive
cast iron model & out-performing it. It also gives you great clearances, along w/
a great fire show.

Status
Not open for further replies.