Identifying a Bullard Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phelvrey

Feb 5, 2015
Sodus
Hi, when I moved into this house three or so years ago, there was (and still is) a large Bullard stove sitting in the middle of the kitchen that we use for heat, but that's all I know about it. I will try to describe it as best I can, but I have not yet found a model that matches it.

To start with, the stove is freestanding, and most closely resembles the Bullard Eagle in shape. That being said, there are two brass balls mounted on top of it for decoration, there are no vents in the stove aside from the dampers, and the mountings for the two doors are not angled like the Eagle, but are instead straight. The stove is, as mentioned, double-doored, and I would guess that it is cast iron (or at least the doors are). This stove is also (if I guess correctly) about 3 and a half feet wide, and 2 and three-quarters feet tall without the legs. Lastly, the hole to attach the pipe is on the top of the stove and is maybe 8 inches in diameter.

Any information would be appreciated, will see if I can find a camera to post a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.