Identifying a Jensen Wood Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wrenchman842

May 11, 2018
Gladstone, Mi
Hi guys! Just obtained a used Jensen wood boiler but there are no tags on it anywhere with a model number. Fire box dimensions are roughly 23" deep x 1 4" wide. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!! IMG_1264.JPG IMG_1266.JPG IMG_1267.JPG

Last edited:
Edit...the front looks like a hot air furnace ;)
I'm no help on the ID though...and there is not much traffic around here this time of year.
The only thing I can suggest is to keep bumping this thread every once in a while, you'll catch the right persons eye eventually.
Or maybe keep an eye out for another one for sale that may still have tags on it.
Just be aware that your HO ins co may have issues with it if there are no tags...

Reactions: Wrenchman842
I know this may seem rude...
But i would sell that thing before i invested any money or time in it.
Unless you had a workshop where heat wasn't important....No just sell it.

I know this may seem rude...
But i would sell that thing before i invested any money or time in it.
Unless you had a workshop where heat wasn't important....No just sell it.

Appreciate the opinion! I'm gonna assume this wont be the most efficient unit. Any other reason not to mess with it?

I would compare it to a dial telephone and a new Gasser to a smart phone.
If you were going to heat a building that wasn't being lived in it could be ok
If this is going in your house,then insurance would be the first worry,safety next,then the amount of wood you will use and the time between chimney cleaning would be short.
Basically any money you spend getting it to work would be better spent towards a modern boiler.
Just my .05 cents

I have one like that which we bought in 1983. We used it as supplemental heat in our home until 2013 (30 years) and it is still in use in my shop. We replaced the firebox stones and the grate once. It may be old, but it still works great. The biggest issue may be the relays which control the circulation fan--they may not work right if it has been outside or in a damp place.

Hey there. We have one of those units and it works great. It will heat a 3500 square foot house and you will save on your energy bill. It looks like you will need a blower for the unit. Attached are photos.

34D3A9A2-02E3-4EE2-AFD5-E5781786C898.jpeg E433A08D-63B7-4AA9-9369-C3DEFDE02BA9.jpeg

Hey there. We have one of those units and it works great. It will heat a 3500 square foot house and you will save on your energy bill. It looks like you will need a blower for the unit. Attached are photos.

View attachment 288751 View attachment 288752
Just curious, is the draft supposed to be within .04 - .06 inches of water column? My father has the exact same unit and I'm trying to help him dial it in and figure out the recommended draft specs.

Just curious, is the draft supposed to be within .04 - .06 inches of water column? My father has the exact same unit and I'm trying to help him dial it in and figure out the recommended draft specs.
Very likely, yes.