Identifying an old burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BurningNature

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey, UK
Hi,

I have just bought a house and the existing central heating system is powered by a Hunter burner (see attachment). The exhaust connects to a water system with a pump that warms the radiators.

Are you able to identify this burner? Can you please suggest any maintenance that should be done before reactivating the burner?

My guess is that the door seals (fire rope?) could be old - might it contain asbestos? Can the doors be removed to make maintenance easier?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20201106_104216.jpg
    IMG_20201106_104216.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20201106_104203.jpg
    IMG_20201106_104203.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 154
I have looked at the Hunter website and do not know how to answer Q4 from where I am sat because the square glass windows are each made of many rectangular glass panels (visible as vertical lines in the photo). I'll need to go back to the house and measure it.