Identifying and Pricing Fisher Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How much to charge for a good condition Fisher wood stove insert with blowers?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

STurner

Feb 3, 2017
Greensboro, NC
I have tried to do some research on my parent's wood stove. They want to sell it but we have no idea how much to charge for it. I can't get a picture to upload on this site. It is Fisher wood stove insert with blowers. I think it is probably a 1980s era stove. I have the serial #14318. Model #FPI Brass with glass/255? The last part is difficult to read.

I need to know what the name of this stove is? How big the flume is? And how much I should price it to sell?

I have tried to do some research on my parent's wood stove. They want to sell it but we have no idea how much to charge for it. It is Fisher wood stove insert with blowers. I think it is probably a 1980s era stove. I have the serial #14318. Model #FPI Brass with glass/255? The last part is difficult to read.

I need to know what the name of this stove is? How big the flume is? And how much I should price it to sell?

WS.jpg

I would ask 500 for it but expect to get less. But really the price will vary greatly by your market. Here even a nice one like yours will only get 250 to 300 but in some other areas they can get 500 to 700.

No bear name given to the full size "Fisher Fireplace Insert". Yours is the "Brass and Glass" model.
The blowers would probably sell for close to 200 each if you give it time on eBay. They are hard to find and very desirable.
Prices are seasonal as well being the cheapest now and probably getting the most closer to Oct or Nov.
The outlet is for a 8 inch flue. (there is no flue on a stove, that is the vertical opening inside the chimney) Many have reduced to 6 with no issues, with the correct chimney, but it is technically against code to reduce more than 1 inch in diameter.