Igniter for Mt Vernon E2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riverat

Burning Hunk
Oct 30, 2014
bainbridge,penna
Anyone have the part number for the igniter on a MT Vernon E 2 stove? want to buy a spare for when the time arrives

Thanks

Jeff

Thank you again, you sure are a big help once again

Jeff

Reactions: DMKNLD
That is a good price.

Thanks John 193 I just ordered one last night after reading my post , heading to my TSC to buy just a few bags of pellets at $4.00 a bag to try when the stove gets installed in 2 weeks, I know its late in the season to buy a pellet stove but my wife totally hates the winters, living in a 200 year old farm house doesn't make it any easier on her , I wanted to send here to ESKIMO Classes to brave the cold but she didn't find any humor in that <>

Jeff

so i'm going to try tagging along on this thread with an igniter question.
i have the heatilator PS50 which uses quadrafire igniter part# SRV7000-462
as far as i know, that is a higher wattage igniter for the purpose of faster lighting.
but they wear out so damn fast.
i'll be searching around and will probably call my dealer, but i'm really interested in a lower voltage model that might last a little longer but will still work in my stove.

if anyone knows reasonably for sure which part number would be for said igniter, feel free to post it here.
it does need to be the 18 inch leads on it though.
thanks.

Earl, I recently had to replace the ignitor on my MVAE and purchased model no SRV7000-647. This is the lower watt (300 vs 380) ignitor. I can tell you that it ignites pellets just as fast as the 380 watt unit. The only caveat is that the lower watt ignitor is for wood pellets only. I'm not familiar with your stove, but if you burn other fuels this ignitor may not work. I can also confirm the leads are around 18 inches on the lower watt model. Finally, dimensionally the lower watt ignitor is identical to the model it replaces.

thank you so much, john. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.