I'm getting clinkers in my burn pot all of a sudden

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dr.kittens

Feb 20, 2023
Tolland
IMG_20230219_190655893.jpg
I am getting clinkers in my burn pot all of a sudden, and about a half to one handful of pellets are going unburned. I'm using the same pellets (wood & sons) and the same air flow (totally open) that It was last year. Last December I neglected my cleaning duties for a couple weeks which resulted in a nasty hopper fire. I don't know if that's related to the cause, after effect, or coincidence but it's concerning me that I have such a large build up in the burn pot. I clean it diligently, at least one a week now, but I know this still shouldn't be happening. if anybody else has had this problem and knows the solution I could really use some advice.