Clinkers in pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dr.kittens

Feb 20, 2023
Tolland
I have a Breckwell P2000i. I had a back burn last year and ever since I've been getting clinkers in my burn pot. I clean it every week and this week in particular it was very bad. I assume because we had a few days in the teens and had to turn the heat up. Could it be an airflow problem, like my fan is dying? Anyone else have experience with this and solved it?

I have a Breckwell P2000i. I had a back burn last year and ever since I've been getting clinkers in my burn pot. I clean it every week and this week in particular it was very bad. I assume because we had a few days in the teens and had to turn the heat up. Could it be an airflow problem, like my fan is dying? Anyone else have experience with this and solved it?
Usually it's an air flow problem or a pellet problem. We have an old yankee pellet stove, I cleanout the pellet hopper and the ash from around the hopper daily.

Try cleaning the inside more often, maybe that will help.

I should've included try opening up the air some too. We have our pellet stove in the basement, they recommend cleaning the pipe/chimney every 50 bags but I do it every 25.