In search of a manual for Sierra 5200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Txgrl73

Mar 9, 2023
Ca
Hi!!
I'm trying to salvage a Sierra 5200 since taking ownership of a property and I'm in desperate need of a users/owner's manual and can not find one. I have looked everywhere I could possibly think of and have come up empty handed. I've even contacted the manufacturer, but they have switched ownership and the new owner has gotten rid of any and everything regarding this model, so the lady answering the phone says. So, with that being said if there is anyone that has one they're no longer using or can copy the one they have for me I would greatly appreciate it. I can pay for one (manual) or the cost of a copy, just let me know. Also, if anyone has any info were I can find one, please let me know that as well.

Ty so much,😊

What do you need the manual for

Is this when it was High Sierra Stove Ltd? Is it a Cricket model MHCR 5200? Many times one manual was printed for many models. The numbers could be for one basic model made with different bases, freestanding, pedestal, or fireplace inserts. Pictures would help so we know what you have.

A good picture of the tag may help. Sometimes lots of information can be found with the info on the labels. The Cricket 5300 was more common. Same tag with multiple models on it? Does it have Mobile Home Certification on the tag? As companies are sold and move, the address on tags can date when they were made at that location.

The manual is not what you think, they gave the same information you will find on the tag for clearances and floor protection as well as emission testing results. Installation goes by NFPA-211 used as the national safety standard, then state adopted codes and or local codes can add to the NFPA Standard, but not take anything away. That is the information you need for a safe and legal installation.

Information found here using the search feature at top right will be more than you need to operate or recondition the stove.

What do you need the manual for
Because I don't have one and I don't know much about these types of stoves.
Is this when it was High Sierra Stove Ltd? Is it a Cricket model MHCR 5200? Many times one manual was printed for many models. The numbers could be for one basic model made with different bases, freestanding, pedestal, or fireplace inserts. Pictures would help so we know what you have.

A good picture of the tag may help. Sometimes lots of information can be found with the info on the labels. The Cricket 5300 was more common. Same tag with multiple models on it? Does it have Mobile Home Certification on the tag? As companies are sold and move, the address on tags can date when they were made at that location.

The manual is not what you think, they gave the same information you will find on the tag for clearances and floor protection as well as emission testing results. Installation goes by NFPA-211 used as the national safety standard, then state adopted codes and or local codes can add to the NFPA Standard, but not take anything away. That is the information you need for a safe and legal installation.

Information found here using the search feature at top right will be more than you need to operate or recondition the stove.
It is a Cricket, Sierra Cricket 5200

I only ask because if it has a UL tag on it most of the info you need can be found there. If there is no tag it's just an unlisted stove and you follow NFPA 211