inconsistent flame and heat issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kolson720

Oct 3, 2015
NY
I have a New Englander pellet stove, 55-SHP22. I am having issues with an inconsistent flame. Flame goes from 6-8 inches down to nothing but glowing coals and back up to 6-8 inches again. It sometimes has a green flame as well. I tried the 6-4-1 , 5-4-1, and 4-6-1 settings, vacuumed the stove as instructed by the manual and still am having these issues. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this situation. Thank you

Are you using a thermostat?

What pellets?

I know nothing about your stove, but it sounds like it is getting up to the temp set, then going to idle until the next call for heat. If that particular stove doesn't have that mode, just ignore me ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.