Increasing feed rate without increasing blower speed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dtalbot

Dec 15, 2019
SE Missouri
I've been running a CAB50 for this my 3rd winter. I love it, but have a simple question.
Is there any way to increase the feed rate without increasing the blower speed. I run my stove in the medium setting, mainly because I don't like the loud fan when running it the high setting.
FYI - I have the pellet feed rate lever wide open, and the air shutter is also wide open. I get the best flame from this stove the first 4 mins when it starts., and this is when the feed rate is set to high from my understanding.

They are set up to run simultaneous. Too much flame at lower fan speed could trip a safety disc, and shut feed, and or stove down. kap

Besides tripping the safety disc the temperature of the motors will go up as the heat is not being distributed properly. More trapped heat in the case equals less lifespan on the motors.
Ron

With most people in a hurry nowadays. Stoves have taken over their operation
so heat and fan speed are controlled by a computer.
That's why I like my old I control Enviro I set the auger speed and the fan speed
then sit back and enjoy the heat. But what else does an old man have to do

Reactions: Ssyko