Indoor wood boiler placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kuribo

Feeling the Heat
Dec 10, 2007
SW WI
Just finished my wood shed/boiler outbuilding. I have an Econoburn 200 and am going to be moving it this week into my boiler building/wood shed.I am wondering if anyone has placed and plumbed their boiler on a dolly or other sort of rolling platform to make moving it easier if necessary....

A few picts of the wood shed/boiler building. It's built around a concrete block building on the right side into which the boiler will be located.

P1030102.jpg
P1030101.jpg
P1030100.jpg

If you out the boiler on a dolly I would build the dolly with leveling feet. This will get to our boiler level and elevate the casters off the ground the keep the boiler stationary.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To me, the hard part of moving the boiler isn't moving it. It's disconnecting the black iron, disconnecting the smoke pipe and electrical connections.

Unless you replace or have a major failure,there souldn't be any reason to move it once in place.
I placed mine on a piece of 3/8 steel sheet,then moved it around with pipe rollers under the metal.Once in place i removed the rollers,did the moving by myself.

Mine is raised off the floor on solid cement blocks but sits on a 3/8 steel plate. This allows me to clean up under it.

No need to move it unless I disconnect all connections to it first.

Cool buiding. Please post an installation thread with pics of the inside too!

I have a woodstove in my shop and it takes up a lot of space. Would be great to unhook it in the summer and roll it to storage but I would not mount it on wheels permanently since I really don't want it to move around while it's burning.

My tractor front end loader moved my Tarm when I relocated it from its original installation. The Tarm had a lifting ring on the top for this purpose.